Conversations on Faith: Life as an Agnostic - Anonymous


Thank you so much for agreeing to do this. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions. 




Are you an atheist or agnostic? 
I am an agnostic


For the purpose of clarity, what does it mean?
To me I am skeptical about the existence of God/gods through search and research studies and teachings and personal experience. I still posses personal thought about the existence of God.


Were you born an agnostic? 
I wasn't born so but through time I keep my doubts though still have an imbalance.


How long have you been an atheist/agnostic? 
Quite some time now 


Why did you become an atheist/agnostic?
I became skeptical about religion/god due to religious lies and the obvious output of most religious organizations turning a venture of business and extortion from the poor. 


How did your family and friends react to your decision? 
Non has made any move to confront me rather we are two with such understanding 

What has your experience being so far? 
Peaceful experience( religion encloses you to a place) 

So, what are your guiding principles?
Love humanity, peace, love, truthful,........searching more


Do you believe in objective truth?
I do believe in objective truth 

What is it like being an agnostic in Nigeria? I know that the Nigerian society isn't exactly receptive.
That's almost a suicide.... For we have been sold religion by people who live mostly a free live.

Comments

  1. I appreciate this. I understand the need to remain anonymous because of the persecution you would face from Nigerian society. Christians and Muslims in Nigeria don't allow for religious freedom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts